TO ALL HOCKEY PARTICIPANTS
(HOCKEY LEARN TO SKATE, HOCKEY DEVELOPMENT, HOUSE LEAGUE & TRAVEL PARTICIPANTS)
All hockey participants from Hockey Learn to Skate, Development, House League and travel programs, will be required to register directly with USA Hockey. The online process is very simple, and it is outlined below. Players who fail to register will not be allowed to participate in any hockey program nor tryouts. If you have any questions, please contact Nick Sims at
Guide to Online Registration
The USA Hockey playing season goes from September 1 through August 31 of each year.
Online registration for the 2016-17 season will begin April 1, 2016.
1. Go to www.usahockey.com and go to the “Membership” tab, and then select "Online Registration".
2. Choose member type Ice Player.
3. You must be 18 years of age to process a registration. Check the box that acknowledges that YOU are 18 or older.
4. Select the correct season – 2016-17. USA Hockey will not refund fees if you accidentally register for 2015-16. You will have to repeat this process and register for 2016-17
5. Follow the prompts…fill in all data correctly. You must enter your child's name as it appears on their birth certificate. NO NICKNAMES
6. Process payment – Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express (credit or debit card). A Visa gift card can be used for payment if no credit card is available
7. You may print your Confirmation page at this time. It will also be emailed to you immediately after the registration is completed. Please forward your confirmation number to The Greenwich Skating Club registrar at
USA Hockey Fees:
Each participant will pay the USA Hockey fee of $40 if age 7 or older.
The USA Hockey fee is waived for age 6 (birth year 2010) and younger but the registration must still be completed to get the confirmation number.
Players who live in CT will also pay the Connecticut Hockey Conference Affiliate fee of $10. Those of you who live in New York will pay the NYSHA fee. The USA Hockey Affiliate fee is determined by a player’s residence, not by the state in which they play, and applies to all youth players regardless of age.
The home address should be used for all participants. If a player lives in one state and plays in another, enter the home address and pay any applicable Affiliate fee. The confirmation page/number will be accepted by any USA Hockey program in the country.
An email address is required
Manager/Volunteer registration is also available starting April 1. This registration is available at no charge and does NOT allow for on-ice participation.