GSC Impact Policy
• Non-members, by invitation only, will be allowed to try out for our travel teams. Please note that resigned members do not qualify as potential impact players.
• Potential impact players can be introduced to the club through members, coaches, or committee members. In all cases, the potential impact player must be approved byt the Hockey Committee before officially being invited to try out.
• Players from outside GSC who clearly demonstrate that they will rank amongst one of the top of their respective birth years may be offered a position on a GSC travel team.
• The Hockey Committee and Board reserve the right to not accept a non-member player. Impact player placement will be based on the recommendation of the Hockey Committee and ultimate approval will come from the Executive Committee of GSC.
• Impact players are not required to reside in Greenwich.
• Up to 3 impact players, not counting goalies, may be added to the following age groups: Bantam, PeeWee, Squirt, U14, U12, U10.
• Goalie impact players may be considered for all Travel Teams, Squirt-Bantam and U10-U14, on a need basis.
Impact Player Families at GSC
· Impact players will pay fees to play.
· There will be specific requirements and opportunities for impact players and families to become full members if approved by the Board and the Membership Committee and as per the membership guidelines, residency requirements excluded.
· Being an impact player does not guarantee a spot on the team in the subsequent year.
· The impact player will need to make the team as an impact player. The family will be requested to initiate the process and apply for membership after following the membership requirements and process as outlined by the membership committee.
• Our expectation is that this will solidify the base, add to our ability to field teams and support the membership desire to play on a team.
• We cannot guarantee that a player will play on a specific team but the Hockey Committee is working diligently to ensure that every player is competing at the appropriate level.
• Sometimes people will be unhappy with the team they end up on. That said, the addition of impact players will make all teams stronger, deeper, and more sustainable.
• We believe impact players are good for our club and members in light of the developments in our community. We will continue to solicit feedback, monitor the effect and be open to changes going forward.
We appreciate everyone’s understanding of what we are looking to achieve and believe that we can successfully navigate the dual objectives of inclusiveness and competitiveness. We are committed to making GSC the very, very special place that so many other former and current members cherish as a part of their childhoods and of our community.
Thanks and Go Wings!
GSC Board and Hockey Committee